Adventures in Play, LLC offers home-based developmental consultation, pediatric therapy services and social support for children, birth to six years of age, who:
- May need a little extra support in achieving development milestones
- Experience regulatory difficulties
- Experience challenges with social interactions
- Experience behavioral difficulties
- Have or are suspected of having a developmental delay in one or more domain (sensory regulation, cognition, speech,motor, social emotional, and independent self-help skills)
- Have a previously diagnosed developmental disorder, such as autism spectrum disorder
- Have medical complications which make navigating their world, socially and emotionally, difficult
Adventures in Play, LLC provides therapeutic experiences through a play therapy approach, which consists of facilitating naturally occurring play activities. Individualized goals and specific interventions and activities are used in order to allow for each child’s strengths and challenges.
- Initial Assessments
- On-Going Play-Based Therapy
- Developmental Consultation
- For parents and professionals working with children: Developmental Consultation assists parents and professionals in supporting the child’s overall achievement of developmental milestones.
- Playdate Facilitation/Social Coaching
- Play Groups
- Toy Consultation
- For parents and professionals working with children: Toy Consultation assists parents and professionals in identifying toys, activities, and spaces in the home, center, etc. that can be used to support the child’s development and increase positive adult-child interactions.
- Other related and supportive family services
- Help locating additional therapeutic services, quality daycare facilities, community resources and family activities, etc.
- Help in navigating the Early Intervention Birth to 3 Program and advocating for your child to receive services, within the program, that will allow him/her to reach their optimal potential.